We were recently asked to assist with a one year on review of the CX Coaching for Results that we deployed with a large government organisation. We had already highlighted that “Embedding behaviours takes more time than you would expect, and just because you tell them to do it, doesn’t mean they will. Everybody needs to live this journey together” so we were really interested to see the outcomes! The post implementation review had already established that every site met or exceeded an average of 10% uplift in performance but would that be sustained…
The outcome, yes, it had. We were so pleased to see how well the CX coaching had been embedded and was part of the everyday life in the majority of the contact centres. While there were issues that needed to be addressed the bottom line was that the program was proven to be driving continuous improvement and performance uplift continued to run above 10% year on year. We also enjoyed seeing how much ownership there was amongst the team leaders and how well the insight reporting had been developed from the manual system we used for the first five months. The results showed that 86% of all staff were engaged with 67% being real advocates for the program. Some of the great feedback included:
- “Like the Holistic approach – found its involvement – what they told at the CX training does work”
- “Has given a more realistic view. Deeper understanding of our business. Reps starting to be interested in stats. Has helped us zone in and who we are coaching and what for.
- I love CX to be honest. Coaching is my passion. With CX we were able to really structure it. I write my plans with them. This is what we are going to work for you, have had good feedback from my team. It works for me and my team.
- The stats are user friendly – easier to extract, send stats to team members. Reps look forward seeing them. CX gives us the ability to have early intervention, and nip any issues in the bud, it’s very successful.
- For me – it works really well. Its helps me target the ones that need help. Identify what the issue is and explain to the coaches and the coach works with me to implement the plan. Being very results driven, I like the structure its black and white there to show the difference.
The feedback was so convincing we’ve been asked to re-run the program across another area of the business.
CX Coaching Approach Engagement is Key
At Flare Design we understand that your people are the key to delivering your business objectives. That is why much of our focus is on your peoples’ skills, behaviors, their operational processes and their goals.
The CX (Customer Experience) Coaching for Results program focuses on developing the skills and knowledge of the Contact Centre Team Managers who are pivotal in delivering your service experience.
The initial emphasis of the program is on raising their understanding of what they can control in order to improve the customer experience. Once this is understood we then develop their skills in ‘how’ they can coach and engage their teams to deliver a great Customer Experience.
We firmly believe that nothing beats ‘hands on’ experience to really drive home and embed learning and so we use a 70/20/10 (‘on the job’ learning/ feedback loop/classroom) method in our engagement.
CX Coaching for Results embeds this energy into your teams so that the momentum for change continues after our engagement has ended.
In all our implementations the business have benefited from upwards of 10-15% in efficiency gains, but equally important, the leaders and staff engagement has increased as their understanding of their role, competencies, and ways to achieve results is clarified.
About Flare Design: We’ve coached, trained, and delivered change into the contact centres of many of the biggest customer service brands in NZ and Australia in the past five years. Our experience with the enabling technologies, possibilities in the development of operating models, and detailed experience of customer events/needs (through our time-in-motion studies) enables us to integrate the best of the technologies, processes, and customer needs into clear roles and accountabilities that maximise the performance of your people (realising their true competencies as well as preferences). The efficiency gains are obvious but in parallel these programs create job satisfaction and the benefits of such.